The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project will add a 10-mile HOV lane and improve supporting infrastructure such as ramps, bridges and sound walls on the San Diego Fwy. (I-405); while widening lanes from the Santa Monica Fwy. (I-10) to the Ventura Fwy. (US-101).
This project will reduce existing and forecasted traffic congestion on the I-405 and enhance traffic operations by adding freeway capacity in an area that experiences heavy congestion. In addition to these modifications, the project will improve both existing and future mobility and enhance safety throughout the corridor.
Project benefits include a decrease in commuter time, reduction in air pollution, and promotion of ridesharing.
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project will:
- Add a 10-mile HOV lane on the northbound I-405 between the I-10 and US-101 Freeways
- Remove and replace the Skirball Center Dr, Sunset Bl and Mulholland Dr bridges
- Realign 27 on and off-ramps
- Widen 13 existing underpasses and structures
- Construct approximately 18 miles of retaining wall and sound wall